[bakefile-devel] Endless loop with msvs2005prj format
NuSkooler
2009-04-15 21:48:15 UTC
Hello,

I have a set of Bakefiles I'm working on setting up for our internal
use and build system. I've created a fairly simple project bakefile to
test it which works when using --format=msvc but --format=msvs2005prj
results in a endless loop.

Here is the output (-v):
substituting variables [29]
replacing escape sequences
substituting variables [29]
replacing escape sequences
substituting variables [28]
replacing escape sequences
substituting variables [28]

This goes on forever.

If I use the --debug option, the last thing I see is some output from
a included wxWidgets bakefile.

Any ideas on what to look for here? I can post the bakefiles if
needed, perhaps I'm just going about the whole thing wrong, who knows
;-)

Thanks,

Bryan Ashby
Vaclav Slavik
2009-04-15 21:57:36 UTC
Post by NuSkooler
Any ideas on what to look for here?
Yes, the obvious: http://www.bakefile.org/search?q=endless+loop
Workaround document, patch with proper fix would be welcome.

Thanks,
Vaclav