[bakefile-devel] Problems adding custom archiver options for a wxWidgets build.
Jurko Gospodnetić
2009-03-06 23:40:37 UTC
Hi.

I was referred to report this to the bakefile project on the
wxWidgets development list.

There I would like to be able to add custom archiver flags (e.g.
/LTCG) when running a Visual Studio makefile using nmake.exe, however
wxWidgets bakefiles do not generate any make parameters that can be used
to tunnel such flags.

Please see the original thread (it's short) at
'http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.wxwidgets.devel/112008' or
'http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.wxwidgets.devel/112008' for
more detailed information.

Many thanks.

Best regards,
Jurko Gospodnetić
Francesco Montorsi
2009-03-16 16:31:36 UTC
Post by Jurko Gospodnetić
Hi.
I was referred to report this to the bakefile project on the
wxWidgets development list.
There I would like to be able to add custom archiver flags (e.g.
/LTCG) when running a Visual Studio makefile using nmake.exe, however
wxWidgets bakefiles do not generate any make parameters that can be used
to tunnel such flags.
Please see the original thread (it's short) at
'http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.wxwidgets.devel/112008' or
'http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.wxwidgets.devel/112008' for
more detailed information.
I'd suggest you to open a ticket in bakefile tracker for this (and maybe provide
a patch for it -- it shouldn't be difficult; from a quick view you should add to
__ldflags_all definition in rules/makefile.bkl a new option).

Francesco
Vaclav Slavik
2009-03-17 04:37:33 UTC
Post by Francesco Montorsi
I'd suggest you to open a ticket in bakefile tracker for this
Agreed. Please also include description of the problem in the ticket,
instead of referencing some not-so-small thread with hidden bits of
relevant information elsewhere.

Vaclav